Donald R. Scherer is a Partner in Stark & Knoll’s Business Services Group. Donald assists both for profit and non-profit entities with a wide variety of legal issues, including entity selection and formation, corporate governance, commercial lending, mergers and acquisitions and business succession planning.
"Whether your business is worth one hundred dollars or one hundred million dollars, Stark & Knoll has the knowledge, experience and resources necessary to help you achieve your long-term goals." -Donald R. Scherer
While in law school Don held externships in the United States Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals for the Honorable Deborah L. Cook and in the United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio for the Honorable John R. Adams. Don has also been an instructor at The University of Akron’s School of Law in its legal writing program.
- Akron Bar Association, Business and Corporate Law Section
- The University of Akron School of Law, Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, 2006
- The University of Akron, Bachelor of Science, Political Science/Criminal Justice, cum laude, 2001
Professional & Community Leadership
- ALS Association Northern Ohio Chapter – Board of Directors, 2008-2011
- Elves and More of Northeast Ohio – Board of Directors 2010-Present
- Tallmadge Chamber of Commerce – Board of Trustees 2009–2015
- Torchbearers Board of Directors, 2009-2011
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2010-2016
- Greater Akron Chamber 30 for The Future Award-2011
- Leadership Akron Class XXIX-2012-2013