Gordy Woolbert regularly represents Ohio businesses and business owners in complex business litigation matters, including contract actions, bankruptcy proceedings, shareholder disputes, trade secret cases, and contested zoning matters. He also represents them in sophisticated business transactions, ranging from the formation and capitalization of newly-conceived joint ventures to the sale of long-held family businesses to private equity groups.
With more than 20 years of experience, Gordy has represented clients before many federal and state trial courts, appellate courts, administrative bodies, employment commissions, and arbitrators. And drawing on his litigation experience, he is skilled in preparing and negotiating clear and enforceable contracts in a variety of transactional settings, including the engagement of consultants, the buyout of partnership interests, and the purchase and sale of a variety of assets, ranging from real property and oil and gas interests to substantially all of the assets of a corporation.
Outside of the office, Gordy has a variety of other interests including coaching his children’s sports teams and serving as a committee member for his sons' Boy Scout troops . In his spare time, he enjoys golfing, woodworking, hiking, camping, and swimming. Gordy lives in Jackson Township with his wife Stacey and their six kids: Gordon, Kaitlyn, Allyson, Owen, Emmelyn, and Brooklyn.
HONORS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Peer Review Rated™ through Martindale-Hubbell®
- Distinguished Client Review Rated™ through Martindale-Hubbell®
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2017-2018
- Paul and Carol David YMCA, Board Secretary, 2008 - Present
- Stark County Out of Poverty Partnership, Board Secretary, 1997 - 2003
COURTS AND BAR ASSOCIATIONS
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Vanderbilt Law School, Juris Doctor, 1997
- The Stanley D. Rose Memorial Book Award for excellence in legal writing
- Stanford University, Bachelor of Arts – Economics, 1994