Non-profits face the difficult task of maximizing their limited resources in order to further their purposes and goals. However, these entities must navagate a complex web of interrelated corporate governance and tax law in order to acquire and maintain their tax exempt status.
Stark & Knoll attorneys understand the unique challenges facing non-profits. By counseling them in a cost effective and efficient manner we help non-profits to grow and achieve their goals.
Whether you are forming a new non-profit entity with no resources, or you are a well recognized organization with a large endowment, Stark & Knoll has the expertise to represent your entity in all facets. Our practice group expertly and efficiently provides counsel and assistance with:
- Forming new Ohio non-profit entities, including non-profit corporations, membership organizations, and private family foundations
- Preparing required governing documents, including codes of regulations, by-laws, conflicts of interest policies, committee charters, etc.
- Preparing and filing Applications for Recognition of Exemption with the IRS and obtaining required IRS determination letters
- Preparing and filing registrations as a solicitor and charitable trust registrations with the Ohio Attorney General
- Day-to-day governance issues